Trade copier utility — designed to copy (synchronize) trades between trading accounts. Copies trade transactions from the trading account / terminal of the supplier to the trading account / terminal of the recipient. Vendor and recipient terminals must be installed on the same computer or vps server.
Key features of the utility:
- High copy speed (less than 0.5 sec).
- Easy, intuitive interface that allows you to control copying directly from the chart, in real time.
- Does not lose settings and deals when the connection is lost or the trading terminal is restarted.
- Allows you to select the trading instruments to be copied. It is also possible to replace the recipient's trading instrument, for example GBPUSD > NZDCHF.
- Works with four and five digit quotes.
- Supports reverse copying of trades (buy to sell, sell to buy).
- Has filters for copying orders by type.
- It allows you to set the maximum difference in the prices of opening deals (slippage) and the maximum time delay.
- Copies partial closure correctly.
- Three methods for calculating the size of the copied lot.
- Synchronizes SL and TP, has several ways to calculate their location.
- Supports work on accounts with Market execution, where SL / TP is set only after opening a position.
How Trade copier works
Copying of trade deals is carried out within one computer or vps server. Therefore, in order to organize the copying of trade transactions, at least two terminals must be installed on the computer:
- The terminal with the supplier trading account is the trading account from which you need to copy trade transactions. The Trade copier utility installed on this terminal will collect information about trade transactions and send this data to the terminal with the recipient's trading account.
- The terminal with the recipient's trading account is a trading account where trade transactions (copies) will be opened. The Trade copier utility installed on this terminal will receive data from the supplier's terminal and open trade deals (copies). Several recipient terminals can be connected to one trading terminal of the supplier.
To organize such a copying scheme, the utility has two modes of operation:
- Master — in this mode the utility is installed on the supplier's terminal.
- Slave — in this mode, the utility is installed on the receiver's terminal.
This mode collects information about orders and positions. You need to install a utility with this mode on the terminal whose trade deals are to be copied.
Start one instance of the utility in Master mode on any chart of the supplier's terminal, and click the "Start" button. After clicking the button, the process of collecting information about orders will start, and sending this information to recipient terminals.
This mode copies trade deals (opening, closing and modifying orders and positions). Install the utility with this mode on the terminal where you need to open orders (copies).
To copy trade deals, run the utility in Slave mode on any chart of the recipient's terminal. If the recipient's account is with Market execution, set the Market input parameter to true (for the utility to set SL / TP after opening a position).
After launching, the utility will display the settings interface on the graph, which consists of two tabs:
This tab contains all copy settings.
Select from the drop-down list the number of the trading account from which the copying of trades will be made. Please note that the master's trading account will appear in the list only if the Trade copier is running on it in Master mode.
Filters то copy
- Buy — copy Buy positions (on / off).
- Sell — copy Sell positions (on / off).
- Pending — copy pending orders (on / off).
- Close — copy closing positions (on / off).
- Reverse — open orders and positions in the opposite direction (on / off).
Maximum slippage of the opening price between the order of the supplier and the recipient (in points). For example, if Devation = 50 is specified, and the vendor's order was opened at a price of 1.00000, the copier will open a trade, provided that the current recipient price is in the range from 0.99950 to 1.00050. Thus, the maximum difference between the opening price of the supplier's order and the recipient's price will be no more than 50 points, otherwise the order will not be opened.
The maximum time during which the utility tries to open a copy order (in seconds). For example, if Timeout = 90 is specified and the vendor's order was opened at 1:00:00, then the copier will try to open a copy order until 1:01:30, after which time all attempts to copy this order will be interrupted.
If the order is not opened due to slippage, the utility will wait for the price to return to the Devation range for the specified Timeout.
The copy order lot is calculated in one of the following ways:
- Proportional to the balance — the lot of the opened order will be proportional to the recipient's account balance to the supplier's account,
Lot = MasterLot * (BalanceSlave / BalanceMaster).
- Multiplied by a coefficient — the lot of the opened order will be equal to the lot of the supplier multiplied by the specified coefficient,
Lot = MasterLot * Coefficient.
- Fixed lot — the lot of the opened order will be equal to the specified, fixed lot.
Take profit and stop loss calculation
Take profit and stop loss of a copy order is calculated in one of the following ways:
- Stop Loss / Take Profit do not copy — do not copy stop loss / take profit of the master.
- Copy Stop / Take Profit Loss level — copy stop loss / take profit levels of the master. With this option, sl and tp will be set strictly to the wizard's sl and tp levels, even if there was a price slippage when opening an order.
- Copy Stop / Take Profit Loss points — copy stop loss / take profit points of the master. With this option, sl and tp will be deferred from the order opening price in points, and in case of price slippage, the sl and tp levels will also shift by the amount of slippage.
- Set Stop / Take Profit Loss points — set your own TP and SL values, without copying the stop loss / take profit of the master.
One copy of the utility works with all trading instruments of the terminal. The list of copied symbols can be changed on the Symbols tab.
The utility automatically creates two columns of characters:
- The left column is a list of symbols of the master.
- The right column is a list of recipient characters.
The set of trading instruments in the list is formed based on the symbols of the master. When forming the right column, the utility automatically selects the recipient's symbol for each symbol of the master.
Before starting, you need to select trading instruments to copy. If you need to copy all symbols, use the check All Symbols Master. If you want to use only certain symbols for copying, then you need to use a check on each line of the trading instrument. In any case, we recommend that you make sure that all the selected copy characters match. If the tools have suffixes, check their presence in the symbol name.
In addition to standard copying, you can configure copying to a symbol that will differ from the symbol of the master, for example, EURUSD > USDJPY. To do this, click on the text field of the right column, and enter the name of the required character.
After setting up copying, press the "Start" button to start the copying process.